Stay on schedule! Save time and money! Submit your engineering plans electronically.
Southern California Gas Company now has an E-mail site for transferring digital data. Builders and developers are able to submit engineering plans for projects electronically, utilizing the latest technology. We translate your landbase and substructure graphic data into our CAD format using MicroStation and our custom designed software. The data is made available electronically to our planners to help expedite development of construction plans for your gas service installation.
- No printing or delivery
- Faster utility design because we don't have to recreate your landbase and additionally we can reference to other features electronically.
How To Prepare Your Files
Supply an organized identifiable and isolatable data structure for each of the property record maps including the following features:
- Record map boundary (include record map numbers, bearings and distances)
- Public and private streets with names & width
- Lot lines with lot numbers
- Street centerlines
- Public utility easements
- Building footprints with numbers & names
- Walls (retaining, landscape, etc.)
- Curbs & gutters, public sidewalks and contours
- Substructures - water, sewer, storm drains and any other utilities available (future and existing)
- Right-of-Way limits (flood control, railroad, etc. with names & width)
Data to Include
- Dimensioning for all features listed above
- Legends identifying features and symbology
- Scale (English/Metric)
- Digital copy of title sheets(s) for record maps (i.e., tract maps, parcel maps, etc.) to be recorded
- Detailed site vicinity map
- Digital copy of traverse closure report
- Custom text and symbol libraries
Acceptable CAD file formats (listed in order of preference):
- MicroStation (.dgn) version J or lower
- AutoCAD (.dwg) Version 2004/LT2004 or lower
- Universal format (.dxf)
- Please submit the latest version of data
- Submit this Feature Checklist along with your plans. This form was designed to help us know information about your project and to ensure the necessary data has been supplied. A new form should be supplied with each set of digital or paper plans being submitted. Please note, some earlier versions of the Internet Explorer browser are unable to download this file.
How to Submit Plans
- E-mail & website addresses
combined attachments totaling less than 10 MB, visit scgmapping@SempraUtilities.com
- Please note that e-mail is not secure and may be subject to unauthorized access by third parties.
- CDs, disks, diskettes, or paper copies should be mailed to your SoCalGas representative. If unknown, call SoCalGas Electronic Data Hotline (858) 654-6300.
- scgmapping@SempraUtilities.com does not accept .bat, .cmd, .eml, .exe, .js, .pif, .scr, .shs, .vbe, .vbs, and .zip files.
- Individual or group CAD files compressed with WinZip may or may not be acceptable at various times. Therefore, we suggest not supplying .zip files. Please supply uncompressed files in their native format (AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.). If size is a concern, please submit files using the SoCalGas FTP site (https://edt.sempra.com).
- Please call (858) 654-6300 or email SempraHelp@sempra.com with any comments or suggestions you might have to improve our Electronic Data Transfer (EDT) process.
Thank you for your participation.