Save energy and money in your business all year round with our collection of helpful tips and information.
- Have a qualified, licensed technician test, clean and adjust your equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance recommended by the manufacturer, according to the owner’s manual. This includes replacing dirty air filters and cleaning intake screens, condenser coils, supply registers and return grills.
- Identify and repair leaky or disconnected ducts.
- Caulk cracks around windows, doors and other openings.
- Keep programmable thermostats set to turn heating on 30 minutes before people arrive and off 30 to 60 minutes before they leave. Set them no higher than 68 degrees Fahrenheit during occupied periods in the winter.
- Close curtains, shades and blinds at night and during unoccupied periods to help your building retain heat. Keep them open on sunny days.
- If you’re considering new natural gas equipment, SoCalGas has rebates and other financial incentives available to help with your purchases.
We also encourage our business customers to take an online Energy Challenger Survey to identify other areas of potential energy savings.