Reduce gas and electricity costs by up to 20 percent by making energy efficiency part of your strategic planning process!
Benefits of CEI
Continuous Energy Improvement (CEI) -- offered at no cost to qualifying business customers -- helps your organization do the following:
- Improve energy efficiency through maintenance and behavior changes by your own employees
- Leverage existing incentive programs for natural gas and electricity
- Pursue branding and certification programs (such as ENERGY STAR® and LEED for existing buildings).
By participating in the CEI process, you’ll have access to a team of energy experts who can help you engage with and empower your employees. These experts guide you through these steps:
- Assessing your current operations
- Planning a strategy for short- and long-term success
- Implementing the actions and activities to engage employees and give them a sense of ownership
- Evaluating the success of these activities and making improvements, if needed
- Transitioning the CEI process from the consultants to your internal energy champions.
“Our two years of collaboration with a CEI energy consultant provided much more than gas and electricity savings,” said Gary Von, operations manager at Valet Services Laundry in Bell Gardens. “We gained a much better understanding of how energy impacts our operations and how we have to manage it every day”.
How to Qualify
To qualify for CEI, your business must:
- Be a customer of both Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®) and Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Indicate that your company’s leaders, including those in Human Resources, are committed to making long-term energy-efficiency improvements
- Have a strong interest in gaining certifications demonstrating energy-efficiency leadership.
Contact your utility account executive about CEI or call (877) 919-9188.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Gas Company and Southern California Edison under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Southern California Gas Company is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. CEI Commit/Assess graphic provided by Pacific Gas and Electric Company. © 2010 Pacific Gas and Electric Company. All rights reserved.