Take the fast track to energy savings!
Reduce your energy bills and the cost of building operations with RCx Express. This no-cost/low-cost program is available to non-residential customers in the shared service areas of SoCalGas® and the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP). It requires minimal system data and uses pre-calculated savings, helping you save much faster than standard retrocommissioning programs.
RCx Program Benefits
- Cash incentives paying $1 per therm saved and $0.08 per kilowatt hour (kWh) saved (annualized)
- Reduced electricity and gas bills by up to 15 percent
All LADWP non-residential electric customers in good standing are eligible to participate in this program as long as the building qualifies for one or more of the program’s 13 measures. In addition, customers who receive service from both SoCalGas and LADWP are eligible to receive financial incentives on both gas and electric measures. The suggested (but not required) minimum building size is 50,000 square feet, and many measures benefit from a centralized building automation system.
For Terms and Conditions of this program, visit: www.ladwp.com* and search RCx Express.
Save on up to 13 RCx Express measures
Eligible customers can receive electric and/or gas energy savings and incentives for up to 13 measures.
HVAC airside measures:
- Reduce supply fan operating schedule
- Adjust airside economizers
- Adjust zone temperature deadband
- Add supply air temperature setpoint reset strategy
- Reduce supply duct static pressure setpoint
- Add supply duct static pressure setpoint reset strategy
- Add/restore supply fan Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
(Requires malfunctioning inlet guide vanes or malfunctioning VFDs)
HVAC waterside measures:
- Add/optimize boiler lockout
- Add chilled water supply temperature setpoint reset strategy
- Add condenser water supply temperature setpoint reset strategy
- Restore chilled water pump VFD
- Reduce lighting operating schedule
- Restore lighting occupancy sensors
How to Apply
1. Fill out the RCx Express application, print it, sign it, and mail it to the address on the application.
2. Supply measure-specific data by filling out hard copy forms and submitting those or by filling in the Building Optimization Analysis (BOA) tool and emailing the spread sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BOA tool is an Excel spreadsheet-based program used to calculate energy savings for certain RCx measures. Visit the California Commissioning Collaborative website to download the BOA Tool.
3. After the measure specific data has been submitted, a Program Verification Engineer will conduct a baseline inspection. Confirmation of the measure-specific data results in an authorization to proceed and a reservation of funds. After the measures are installed or implemented, the engineering staff will review the installation (or software changes). Repair work can be done in-house or by a service contractor. Upon successful completion of the installation inspection, the LADWP will process the incentive payment. Incentive checks are processed within 4 to 6 weeks of final approval.
Program assistance is available via email at email@example.com or by calling (213) 367-3068 or by contacting SoCalGas at 213-244-3659.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Southern California Gas Company is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer.