Cut your building's energy costs by up to 15 percent - and receive an incentive check!
Do you own or operate a commercial building with at least 25,000 square feet and are you a customer of Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®) and Southern California Edison Co. (SCE)? If so, you could receive an incentive check for reducing your building’s energy use through retrocommissioning.
What is retrocommissioning?
It’s a systematic process that involves the following:
- Investigating your building’s energy-related operations
- Optimizing the operations of existing energy-related equipment and controls
- Taking advantage of opportunities to reduce energy bills, improve occupant comfort and extend the life of your building’s systems
How do I participate?
- You work with a provider of RCx services to investigate your building’s energy systems and make energy-efficiency recommendations.
- You implement low-cost or no-cost energy-efficiency improvements.
- You create an ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager account to benchmark your building and you request automatic updates on this account through SoCalGas’ Automated Benchmarking Service.
- You enjoy the energy savings and other benefits—including an incentive check!
What are the incentives?
You can receive the following incentives for up to 50 percent of total project implementation costs:
- $0.08 per kilowatt hour saved
- $100 per kilowatt saved
- $1 per therm saved
If you apply before the initial RCx investigation, you can also receive an additional “kicker incentive” of $0.055 per kilowatt hour, without any limitations on total project implementation costs.
How can I learn more?
Recent program updates
If you were familiar with the RCx program before 2013, you’ll want to make note of the following updates:
- The RCx provider and the customer develop their own contract, including budget and scope of work. SoCalGas and SCE are not involved in this process.
- Your RCx provider does not contract with or earn a fee from SoCalGas. Instead, the RCx provider interacts with SCE as a customer’s authorized agent.
- Incentives are available for all qualified RCx measures, regardless of simple payback.
This program is offered jointly by SoCalGas and SCE. To provide one-stop service, SCE is the central point of contact for project administration.
- At least 25,000 square feet of your building must be conditioned with energy coming from SoCalGas or SCE.
- You must be paying the Public Purpose Program Surcharge on your utility bill.
- The mechanical equipment supporting your HVAC system must be in relatively good condition.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Southern California Gas Company is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer.