How to Apply
- Before you buy, call 1-888-431-2226 to confirm product eligibility, availability of rebate funds and to find out if rebate applications are currently being accepted.
- Purchase ENERGY STAR® certified appliances. Only certain appliances are eligible for rebates. For information about clothes washers, water heaters, furnaces: visit ENERGY STAR*
- Before filling out the Online Rebate Application*, make sure you have a copy of a recent gas bill and paid receipt(s)/proof of purchase(s) in PDF, JPEG or Microsoft Word format. You will be asked to upload the aforementioned documentation as part of the online rebate application process.
Mail-in rebate application (PDF), fill it out, then print, sign and mail it to Southern California Gas Company at the address listed on the application. Be sure to include a copy of a recent gas bill and paid receipt(s)/proof of purchase(s) in the envelope.
- You should receive your rebate check in 6-8 weeks.
Already Applied for a Rebate?
- Check your rebate status
Terms and Conditions
- Equipment Disclaimer
- Guide for Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System
- Effective June 2, 2014, SoCalGas will no longer accept mail-in and/or online residential rebate applications for qualifying storage water heaters purchased at The Home Depot. Reduced price at The Home Depot on qualifying storage water heaters made possible by SoCalGas residential water heater rebate.
- Effective August 5, 2014, SoCalGas will no longer accept mail-in and/or online residential rebate applications for select qualifying storage water heaters purchased at Lowe’s. Reduced price at Lowe’s on select qualifying storage water heaters made possible by SoCalGas residential water heater rebate. Please consult a Lowe’s sales associate for qualifying water heater models.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis, until program funds are depleted. Other terms and conditions apply.
Under California law, models of certain types of appliances, for example, refrigerators, dishwashers and clothes washers etc., must be certified to the California Energy Commission before being sold or offered for sale in the state. The Energy Commission maintains a database of those appliances, found at the following link: www.appliances.energy.ca.gov.* Before purchasing this type of appliance, please consult the Energy Commission's database to see if the particular model of the appliance you want to buy is in the database. Not all products listed in this database are eligible for utility rebates as they do not all meet the higher energy performance requirements of the utility programs. Please refer to SoCalGas rebate applications to find energy saving products eligible for rebate.