The Air Quality and Compressor Services (AQCS) section provides technical support for engines, turbines and gas compressors used in natural gas transmission and storage facilities. AQCS works closely with operation and maintenance personnel to maintain throughput, optimize performance and meet air quality standards.
- Onsite engine and compressor analysis for efficiency, performance and mechanical soundness
- Onsite measurement of pollutants such as NOx, CO, hydrocarbons and VOCs. Analyzers include NDIR, chemiluminescent, FID, paramagnetic, portable electrochemical cell and FTIR detection techniques.
- Coordinating of mandated third-party emission compliance testing for federal, state and local agencies
- Technical expertise in compression equipment maintenance and operation strategies, failure analysis and repair
- Technical expertise in pollution control equipment and retrofits, pollutant source testing, continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS) and green house gas emissions