To reserve a specified incentive amount, a Reservation Request Form must be submitted with required attachments and application fee. Incentive funds are not reserved until the Program Administrator receives, screens and approves these documents.
Applications that include technologies from two or more different incentive levels (Hybrid Projects) must include one Reservation Request Form for each technology in the Project.
- Decide what type of technology you are interested in.
- Consider how you'll be financing the project.
- Decide which application type to follow:
- 3-Step (Non-Public Entities)
- 3-Step (Public Entities)
- Complete Reservation Request Form (RRF) and documentation.
- Submit your RRF via mail or email.
- If eligible, you will receive Reservation letter and next step instructions.
- 2 Step applications go to Stage 6
- 3-Step applications go to Stage 5
- Complete Proof of Project Milestone Form (PPM) and documentation.
- 3 Step public entity applications must provide an executed contract or RFP within 60 days
- Submit RFP documentation via mail or email
- The remaining PPM documentation must be submitted within 240 days.
- 3 Step non- public entity applications must provide complete PPM documentation within 60 days from Reservation Letter Date.
- Submit PPM documents via Mail or email.
- If eligible you will receive a Confirmed Reservation letter with next step instructions.
- Once your system has been completely installed and is operational you can submit the Claim Form for payment.
- Complete Incentive Claim Form (ICF) and required documentation.
- All step 3 applications must be completed within 18 months.
- All step 2 applications must be completed within 12 months.
- Submit ICF documentation via mail or email.
- Project will paid after final inspection.
- Systems under 30 kW will receive 100% up-front payment.
- Systems 30 kW and larger will receive 50% up-front payment and 50% Performance Based Incentive (PBI) over five years.
How to submit your documentation
Once you are ready to submit your request there are two delivery methods. Applicants can submit their SGIP Forms and Documents either via regular mail, email or a combination of the two (“combo application”). All submissions at any stage of the application process (RRF, PPM and/or ICF) can be delivered using any of these methods. Additionally, Reservation Requests must also submit an application fee of 1% of their requested incentive. Please follow the Application Fee Instructions to ensure proper delivery.
Program Administrators do not assume any responsibility or liability for any deficiency in service on part of the delivery method the applicant has chosen.
Email documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each document must be a separate file
- All documents must be submitted in “.pdf” format
- Documents requiring signatures must be signed. It is acceptable to submit scanned copies of the original signed documents.
- Email subject line must be titled “SGIP Application-Program Year-Host Customer Name”.
Regular or Certified Mail documentation to:
Self Generation Incentive Program
Southern California Gas Company
555 West Fifth Street, GT-20B8
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1011
To ensure confirmation of receipt, submit documentation by certified or overnight mail. No faxed or hand delivered applications will be accepted.
In the event that legible electronic version is not available or file is too large applicants can submit a combo application. However, the Reservation Request will be considered incomplete until the documents sent via regular mail are received. Applicants must identify the documents that will be delivered via regular mail in their email.
- Email must indicate which files will be delivered via regular or certified mail.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.