Evacuate the area and from a safe location, call SoCalGas at
to report any pipeline damage. No damage is too small to report.
Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of Utility Imposters
- Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) encourages customers to be vigilant and question anyone who presents themselves as a representative of the utility.
- SoCalGas workers who perform in-home appliance services, work on gas meters or work on gas pipeline wear uniforms. However, some other employees do not. Always ask for identification before allowing someone inside the home.
- The majority of our authorized SoCalGas employees will always be in uniform with our company logo, carry an official employee badge, and most of the time drive a company car.
- Most of the time a SoCalGas employee visits in response to a service request. If no one scheduled an appointment, call SoCalGas before allowing anyone inside the home.
- To verify the authenticity of anyone claiming to be a representative of SoCalGas, customers are encouraged to ask for proper identification or call headquarters at 1-800-427-2200 (or 1-800-342-4545 in Spanish) during normal business hours. SoCalGas customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Visit our Safety section for more information on staying safe.