The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has approved our pilot program to bring affordable, clean and renewable natural gas to households in California City. This pilot program will convert up to 224 households currently using wood and propane for heating to cleaner and more affordable natural gas by installing natural gas lines and new home appliances - all at no cost to the residents.
Eligible households in close proximity to existing natural gas pipelines have already been identified and will be contacted by a pilot representative in coming months. Construction is expected to start in the first quarter of 2020, with household conversion occurring in the second or third quarter of 2020.
For more information on the CPUC’s pilot programs to bring more affordable energy to households in the San Joaquin Valley and Eastern Kern County visit their page at, https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/sanjoaquin/.
For any questions or more details about our pilot, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-858-7476.
The Benefits of Natural Gas Service from SoCalGas
- 9 out of 10 Southern California families choose natural gas for space and water heating and they prefer it 4 to 1 over electricity because it is inexpensive and more reliable1.
- A clean and a highly efficient form of energy, natural gas has many advantages over propane that results in less pollution.
- California City residents who become our customers may qualify for a 20% discount on their monthly natural gas bill through the Customer Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program.
- Even more savings are available for customers with qualified medical conditions. Learn more about our assistance programs.
- Our call centers are open 24/7 for both English and Spanish languages. We also offer appliance safety checks and furnace relighting for winter at no cost.
- You can register for My Account and go online at any time to pay your bills, request a no-cost service order, or track your daily usage. You can sign up for bill notices by email or text every month and even pay your bills by text.
1California Building Industry Association. (2018). Energy Choice Survey.