About the SoCalGas® Smart Therm Program
During the winter season, customers with qualifying smart thermostats will be eligible to participate in the SoCalGas® Smart Therm Program. We are rewarding eligible customers for supporting the conservation of natural gas when demand is high.
If you own a qualifying smart thermostat, you will receive an email from your thermostat manufacturer. After electing to enroll and verifying your SoCalGas account number, you will be entered into the program. When a Smart Therm Event is called, your thermostat(s) will be controlled remotely to help conserve natural gas.
You will earn $50 just for enrolling!
As an enrolled customer, you agree to allow adjustments to your thermostat during the course of a four hour “Smart Therm Event”. If you stay enrolled throughout the full length of a winter season program, you can earn an additional $25 each winter.
What is a SoCalGas Smart Therm Event?
Our Smart Therm Event is a voluntary call for consumers to conserve natural gas on certain days when demand is high. Here are important things to remember as a participant:
- You will earn $50 for enrolling in the program. Customers will earn $25 for every winter season they remain enrolled.
- If a Smart Therm Event is activated, you can expect your thermostat to be adjusted up to four degrees for four hours.
- Events can occur between 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. or 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Events can only be called on weekdays; Federal holidays are excluded.
- You can override your smart thermostat during an event and there is no penalty for not participating in a program event.
Qualifying Smart Thermostats
Smart thermostat manufacturers are being enrolled into the program and will be added to the list as they become available. At this time, the owners of the following thermostats will be eligible to participate:
Check this webpage regularly to see which brands are added at a later date.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for further details.